Friday 9 November 2012

A bit of respite

It was recommended to me by other caregivers and staff and the facility that after 7 weeks of being there everyday, that perhaps I might take some time to myself.  I was against the idea.  I felt guilty even thinking about it.  It made me anxious thinking that something could happen while I was away.  Then Audrey, who has been caring for her husband for 7 years, told me that caregivers will burn out.  Most of the caregivers are considerably older then I am, but still it could happen.  So, with much prodding I am taking a couple days off from care giving and will spend it with friends and family.  I hope mom will be all right.  The staff assured me that they will take good care of her.  They have my number in case of emergency
Wow, the child really is the parent now.

No comments:

Post a Comment